Wednesday, January 28th &
Friday, January 30th
Calvary Church Basement (main street, beside Mildred Hall School, no religious affiliation)
Bring a book or two to share and take something new home!
Also this Week: Open Board Meeting
Thursday, Jan, 29th
Come one, come all...
There is still time to give us your input on the special topic of Potential Drop-in Fee Increase!
We have heard from you that the switch to Fieldhouse Mondays was a good choice, but this increases our expenses for facility rental to about $4500 per year, and our current membership attendance fees are only covering half our daily cost. We do receive some grant $$, but currently they will all be absorbed by our rental expense. We are seeking a way to continue to be accessible by you, but also afford to cover our annual supplies, repairs, and toy replacements.
Some suggestions so far include:
- increasing drop-in fee to $3 per child (at field house only or across all sessions);
- Making a "maximum drop-in fee" for dayhomes & large families;
- adding a Wednesday afternoon drop-in at the church;
- shortening field house to 1hr or 1.5hr rental;
- changing session starts earlier or later; or
- whatever else you could think of that may help.
We are open to any/all suggestions for further discussion at our meeting. Remember: you are welcome and encouraged to meet with us too!!
How will this happen?
- All suggestions will be taken into consideration and discussed at our Open Board Meeting. If you want to have a direct voice, please come out to the meeting and be part of quorum.
- Based on the input received at this meeting, a Resolution will be adopted and a vote held.
- Notice of this Resolution will be distributed by e-mail and you will have 3 days to register your vote via e-mail, to be counted with the votes from the meeting.
* Please note that 75% (or more) votes In Favour will carry this Special Resolution.
The results will be shared again via e-mail.